Sunday, March 30, 2008

Well Fed

Although we have not figured out nursing yet, I am so grateful that my baby is well fed and doing great. He is gaining weight as he should again and at this rate sometime next week he should be back to his birth weight. I am so thrilled.

Now that he is healthy again we are getting to know him better. He is much more content (especially right after eating :), and we are being able to spend happy quiet time with him as well as having some fussy time. He now sleeps 4 to 5 hours at a time and will have some hours of wakefulness inbetween. It is so nice to be able to let him sleep as long as he wants now that we don't have to wake him every couple hours to try and feed him. I like letting him figure out how to wake up by his little self.

Another fun thing, as Derrill mentioned in the last post is that he is more and more feeling comfortable about getting out of the fetal position. It is such a comfort and blessing to start to see signs of him feeling comfortable around us and trusting us to take care of all his little needs. That is one of the payoff of parenthood for me. I am so grateful that he is with us finally and that the first part is past :D

I love you all and I am sorry to family that we will be yet at least another two years far away for the post doc. We think of you much more often than we contact you and are hopeful for a day when we are not so distant.

No comments: