Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Contractions!

There's no baby yet, but Joy felt her first contractions last night! WOOHOO! All the books say she could have been feeling them since month 3, and since we hadn't, we wondered if anything were wrong or if she would even feel them until it was time for him to come. But she felt the first, irregular contractions last night before falling asleep. WOOHOO! And now, on to the real, female reaction:

"I'm exhausted. But I'm alright."

There you have it, ladies and gentlemen. What a trooper! But wait, there's more!

"It made me totally be freezing and shake violently when I got out of bed ... but I guess that all passed because I got to sleep. The funny part is Derrill had really wanted to know about it, so I told him. I said, 'I'm sorry I have to turn over Derrill, but I started having some labor contractions,' and he just said, 'That's okay.' And now he tells me he was asleep"

Three-quarters asleep. I honestly didn't hear the last part, just apologizing for turning over. I didn't mind - she apologizes for a lot of things - and I just tell her it's okay. I fell asleep within seconds after. We had even talked about it LAST NIGHT BEFORE BED. I wanted to know, I wanted to be there. I feel like I missed Santa Claus.

"Well, the baby didn't come yet, so there's a lot of Santa to see."

Speaking of which, here's Joy being excited about a pair of tennis shoes we got him at Babies R Us on Monday:

No comments: