Sunday, January 27, 2008

Roses, Thorns, and Buds


Whenever I sit down to write one of these blogs I seem to loose my train of thought. I will have carefully planned out what I want to write, sign in and my mind goes completely blank. But I think that I am starting to remember.

I want to start out by saying, I have not had my baby yet. Someone made a comment that made me think we had been confusing in a past blog. I still have 6 weeks until the baby is due to come and I don't even know what a contraction feels like so far, so I am sure I have a ways to go.

Today in church we talked about Elder Eyering's talk on Remembering. We had a great discussion about what we can do to remember God more in our lives and what we do that keeps us from him. A sister missionary that recently transfered to our Branch gave an example of what one family she met here in Up-State New York does daily around dinner time.

The family takes turns one at a time sharing around the table what they call Roses, Thorns, and Buds. Their Roses are the best thing that happened to them that day, the Thorns are the worst thing that happened to them that day and the Buds are something that they are looking forward to tomorrow. So I was thinking about my Roses, Thorns, and Buds for this week.

Derrill really has been my Rose this week. I have had several emotional days this week, and Derrill has tried so hard to be possitive. He really is a light in my life and helps me remember, just as my doctor says that I am normal and my pregnancy is normal. He always helps me feel that we can overcome anything that comes our way together. Thanks sweet heart!

My Thorn this week has been getting down on myself for my hormonal days, today I did better so far. I did not feel well, but I just tried to go with the flow and not give up. It was a much better day ;)

My Bud for next week is I am looking forward to getting our baby's crib and clothes ready for him to come. I plan to do baby laundry for the first time make up his bed and put his clothes in his drawers. I am just about packed for the hospital too. I just need to gather a few more things and choose the bag to put them in. One thing that I have realized when my allergies were really bad earlier in my pregnancy and I was not able to stop coughing or throwing up.... if I would start to read, watch a movie, or listen to a story, I could take my mind off of it. So our plan is to either get a couple books on CD that I can listen too while I am in labor or if Derrill has time he is going to record himself reading some children's stories on CD that I can listen to. I chose Alice in Wonderland to start with. I want at least 12 hours of stuff, since a first labor can be pretty long.

I hope that a that all of you have a wonderful Sunday, and just as Jacob was taught by his dieing father that there must be opposition in all things that we may learn to enjoy the Roses, Thorns, and Buds in our lives. I love you all!

No comments: