Sunday, January 6, 2008

A few pictures of New Orleans


There are a lot of murals around the riverfront area where the convention hotels are. This one I made sure to take for my sister, Emmy, who loves and studies fish.

This was the view from the elevator that sneaks you out of a mall and into a 20 story hotel where I had my last interview. The view from the hotel, which starts on the 11th floor, was very impressive:


Near my hotel was a dance club, The Howling Wolf. This was one of the sides of the building. The whole thing was a large mural of jazz. But when I walked by last night ... I don't know what was blasting out of those doors, but it wasn't jazz.

A statue commemorating the grand golden trumpet and greatly gargled voice of Louis Armstrong in one of the 15 lobbies of the Hilton Riverside Hotel, AEA Conference HQ.

No comments: