Thursday, January 10, 2008

Golf N Stuff

For Joy's birthday, we had decided to go miniature golfing, only to discover that the course we wanted to try was closed that day. Since we didn't have enough time before she left town to try another day, we decided I would take her to Golf N Stuff in Ventura while we were in California. Dad went with us for our date, and then the whole family went another day just before I left for New Orleans. Here are some of the pictures I took of our fun and victory laps:


It was lightly raining (or heavily misting) the first night, and so Joy wore the decorative headgear while I was in my broad-brimmed Aussie hat.

Our holes-in-one. (It's a pity Dad has asked I not post pictures of him on here. He had a magnificent "Hattah!" pose.) In the second game, I had only 8 strokes for the first 6 holes! It ... went downhill from there.


Ahh ... California. Land that I love!

Steve hit the ball through the gold mine so hard, it went off of that course and onto the next, scoring a hole-in-one on the next shot - a very difficult shot too. We gave him the hole-in-one for the next shot, but he had to redo the gold mine. He was doubled over laughing and had just started to recover when I got this shot.

This is my brother's favorite way to putt, and he did seem to hit pretty straight that way. Patent pending.












Watch out for the water hazards! Actually, a friend of mine is really in to hippos, so I get pictures for her occasionally.

No comments: