Saturday, January 12, 2008

Home again, Home again, jiggity jog

It is very nice to be in my own bed and to be getting back to life in Ithaca. I must admit though that no matter how long the vacation has been it is always hard to see it end. Even after 2 months away from home, it was hard to say goodbye to family in California to come back. I had even forgotten where I keep things at home, it had been so long that I was gone. This put Derrill at an unusual advantage since he is usually the one that has a more difficult time remembering where things go and for the first couple of days I was asking him. :)
When I arrived in Syracuse Monday, Derrill was there to greet me, but my luggage was not. Ok some of my luggage was not. I was grateful the next day when the rest of my luggage arrived at our home. We also sent some things ahead by post that did not fit in our luggage. One package arrived yesterday and one today, so with all of our things arrived and our clothes laundered it is finally feeling like we are home. I am hoping to finish unpacking this weekend which will help life feel even more normal. I hope that you all had a wonderful vacation. We really did! The only thing that could have made it more wonderful was spending time with my family as well. I love you all so much.
Aside from getting things back to normal here, I have started reading Fire of the Covenant, written by Gerald Lund. I am enjoying it and I am thinking about reading the Work and the Glory series soon. I borrowed the first two books from dad, so that I can. My favorite gift this Christmas was that Derrill got the nursery/office in order for the coming of our baby.
Speaking of our baby Hyrum (ok his is still considered a fetus), he is doing well. We heard his heart beat on Tuesday, and in two days I will have completed 32 weeks of pregnancy. The vacation helped the pregnancy to go by a little fast, just as I had hoped. I get to feel him move often, but there are no discomfort or pain involved in his sudden movements, punches or kick so far. He is very nice to his mommy.

No comments: