Saturday, January 12, 2008

I've been tagged too...

Well, my friend Shari asked me to do this, so I'm going to try.

Name 4 or more...

Places I've lived:
1. Logan, UT (I lived more than 4 places there, so I could stop there, but ...)
D says: Then you'd have to give street addresses or something. Yes, I'm here too, just to take dictation and make snide... helpful remarks.
2. Orem, UT - close to the University Mall
3. Costa Rica - for my mission
4. Wendover and Tooelle, UT - teaching elementary school
D -- And she's never going back!
J -- That's the truth!
5. Provo, UT
6. Edinboro, PA
7. Titusville, PA
8. Ithaca, NY ... That's about it, isn't it? I guess I lived in..
9. near Flagstaff, AZ, only four months.

Places I've been on vacation:
1. Lagoon was always fun, in UT.
2. Christmases to California and Chicago
3. I took a cruise that was Jamaica, Mexico ... some other places, leaving from New Orleans. It was a Carnival cruise. I don't recommend Carnival for those who ... have moral standards? I skipped a lot of the entertainment.
4. Holland -- a one week tour, visited the Hague Temple, the tulips and the windmills :D
Joy loves windmills.
5. Germanies! My honeymoon with my sweetheart. That was very fun. Rented a car... drove on the Autobahn... Stayed in a wonderful bed and breakfast...
Visited dead people... I take my wife such romantic places, like the cemetery where Goethe's buried. Goethe popped up in the most unlikely places on our trip, come to think of it.... Though probably those two sentences should not be read in that order. Suffice it to say, we went to a lot of places where Goethe also went. To my credit, we also sailed up the Rhein most romantically.
6. Baseball Hall of Fame and Joseph Smith birthplace for an anniversary.
7. Disneyworld. We went with Derrill's parents. I want to go back! Sci-Fi Dine In Theater was awesome...
8. Disneyland a couple of times with Derrill's family.

Foods I like: Actually, that's a little difficult right now, with my pregnancy. So this is an unusual list for me:
1. French fries
2. Seafood Sandwich from Subway
3. Pumpkin Pie
4. Chocolate muffins
These are indeed the cravings. From September until Joy left I was making 2 pumpkin pies a week for my sweetheart. I'm looking forward to not having any until NEXT Thanksgiving.
Poor Derrills.

Hobbies I have: hmm, we're getting down to the harder stuff... My hobbies .... hobbies, hobbies, hobbies....
1. I like to read! Mostly historical fiction, some romantic fiction but only if it's clean.
2. Right now, for fun I create new projects for myself.
You might be surprised how fun a hobby that can actually be. ... Doing any of them is another story.
True.
3. I'm looking forward to watching my Little House on the Prairie DVDs I got for Christmas. I enjoy watching a movie or listening to a book on tape while I do work around the house.
4. Finding out what my husband's doing.
Now There's the favorite hobby! *lol*
*lol* Really, I like to spend time with my husband, that's the real hobby. I have some funny hobbies, don't I?
5. I like to spend time with friends.

Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
1. I would put money into retirement.
That money has worked hard enough. It should retire.
2. I would pay off a house.
3. Go on a mission after my kids grow up with my husband.
It'll take a good 25 years more for me to grow up, it's true.
He's the only one I have to grow up right now.
4. Give some money to the Church.
5. Save the rest, I guess....

TV shows I like:
I can't do this one.
You can do really old shows.
I guess so. Alright. I haven't watched any real TV for about 11 years, so it would have to be old.
1. Little House on the Prairie.
2. Smurfs
3. The Cosby Show
4. Fraggles. I never watched it on TV, but Derrill is introducing them to me.

Places I'd like to be:
1. With my husband
That's a nice place. Can I come too?
2. Visiting extended family -- UT mostly
3. Italy -- I have some extended family there too
4. I've been thinking that Hawaii would be a nice place to visit.

Things people don't know about me:
1. I'm shy about many things.
2. I wanted to be a cheerleader in high school.
3. I don't expect other people to be perfect -- that one's for my brothers.
4. Something that was surprising to my husband: I don't like to clean.
That needs a qualifier. Her apartment when we were dating was pretty close to immaculate. And she talked about the importance and necessity of cleaning a lot. It was shocking to learn that she didn't actually enjoy doing it, just having it done.
Yup.
And that the chore she talked about most she liked the least too. So that became my job.

Now I'll tag:
I don't want to tag four people.
1. Derrills
2. Claudia doesn't have a blog. I would tag her if she did.
3. Steve
4. Emilee
There. That's four people. Guess that's it, hunh?

1 comment:

Sapphire Sting said...

Oh, I only just realized I was tagged back in January, hehe. I'll have to get on that.