Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Negative Book Review

Written by Joy
The Man Who Loved Jane Austen by Sally O'Rourke is a moral deviation for everything I know Jane Austin to stand for. I could not get more than a few chapters into the book, before I had read more morally offensive material than I could tolerate. I have never given a negative review with this violence of affection. But I value too highly the name of Jane Austin and her clean and decent principles put forward in her own writing, to keep myself from biting my tongue. I think that there could be some marit in the book, but that the liberties of using Jane Austin's name and character reference for such a morally indecent story line in unjust. Jane Austin is true to marriage and fidelity in marriage for all of you heroines and there is not reason to believe that she would have wanted to live otherwise.

No comments: