Saturday, January 15, 2011

A Disturbance in the Force

For weeks Joy and I have been Luigi and Peach. We don't even get called Daddy and Mommy anymore, just Luigi and Peach. Even in the middle of the night, he calls me Luigi.

Then Wednesday he discovered the Bob the Builder video he got for Christmas.

Suddenly I'm Scoop and Joy is Wendy. The great advantage of this is that Scoop can speak with my voice - Luigi is an accent and if I don't speak with a bad Italian accent (even to Joy!) he gets upset. Scoop is much easier. It also means  he wants me to carry him a lot more places, since Bob rides his machines. "Bob" wears his hard hat most places and is distressed when it falls off.

Not that Mario has disappeared. Mario still is a necessary part of taking Hy to and from school, the must-have friend (with the giant Mickey) in his bed at night. But, still and all...

Bob is back.

No comments: