Sunday, August 24, 2008

Random Hyrum - first 3 mo.

Well, the GQ Baby strike rages on. He and Mom are pretty much healthy again, so we can hope to see production pick back up again soon. Until then, it seems a shame to have these hundreds of shots of my wonderful baby boy go unused in our files. So here are some blasts from the past:





March 11

Now this is one of the things I always wanted for my birthday. Thank you, Dearheart.











March 20

Our birth is but a sleep and a forgetting:
The Soul that rises with us, our life's Star,
Hath had elsewhere its setting,
And cometh from afar:
Not in entire forgetfulness,
And not in utter nakedness,
But trailing clouds of glory do we come
From God, who is our home:
Heaven lies about us in our infancy!

Wordsworth - Intimations of Immortality



April 4

Nowadays we don't put anything in his mouth we want back again. He bites down hard. No teeth yet. He sucks on his own fingers, but it still doesn't satisfy much.







I hear tell someone stole "The Scream." This "might could" replace it! Courtesy Grandma Cam, April 8


Actually, he was probably yawning. Right now he's in my lap trying to learn how to sing. ... He sounds more like me than Joy.




April 11

I've been thinking of the pic of him filling this outfit (and that was still only day 41!) so much, I forgot how loose it once was.









April 19

Most of you are probably sick of the comparison by now, but I just look at that leg and compare it to how he is now! When we went to the doctor to make sure Hyrum didn't have an ear infection, he said that Hy is exactly at 50% (admittedly, clothed). What surprises Joy is that he's now larger than many of the other kids in the branch his age....





May 6

"What have I gotten myself into now?"









May 28 - our anniversary

"Wait, wait. Let me have some too."






June 5

We started collecting unhappy pictures of Hyrum a while back to do a therapeutic blog about how he really isn't always the happy baby we make him out to be. ... We haven't needed as much therapy as we thought since he started getting his RDAs.









June 6

Join me, and together we will rule the universe??? What are you talking about, Dad? The only destiny I've got is with a bottle of milk.



Stay tuned for part 2 of random Hyrums and I'll see if I can't dig up some more recent shots.

No comments: