Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Unbalanced

My life has been unbalanced for at least a couple of weeks as I have literally thrown myself into helping Derrill find a job. It has been difficult for me to work on anything else. But yesterday I broke the chain in some ways. I put away the laundry for the first time in two weeks. I really was so proud of myself. But the fact that it took me so long to get to it and that I would feel like getting it done was such a victory kind of woke me up to the situation that I was in.

I realized that I really need to refocus. I am good at just focusing on one thing at a time (like looking for a job), but I need a life that is more in balance. Jesus Christ was the only person that lived that had life in perfect balance, but I find that it is very important for me to keep reevaluating and seeking help from heaven for balance.

So one of my goals to help me to focus on what is most important is not only to read my scriptures daily as I have been, but to read from the scriptures and the current prophet and apostles for an hour each day (doing this first). It helps me remember the duty of love that I have for my husband, and that I can serve my family best by doing some of all the things that help our home run smoothly not just amassing all finding a job for my sweetheart. Our family needs things of the spirit, and physical things now, not just in the future.

We went to the OB doctor Monday and all is well. Hyrum does not appear to be ready to come yet, but we feel assured that he will be with us within a month. :D (even if he were two weeks late. Just in case I haven't mentioned it lately my due date is March 10, so there is just 1.5 weeks left until that time. Hurray for family and the love of God that helps us feel that all in our lives is beautiful even when we experience challenges. (You may be able to tell that I feel more centered today than my post might suggest). I have already ready my scriptures and I am about to get to the rest of the day.

I love all of you. Have a wonderful day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: