Sunday, November 15, 2009

Hyrum vs. Handel

The other day, someone shared a video on Facebook with some "silent monks" performing Handel's Hallelujah Chorus. They hold up signs for each syllable while a pretty good soundtrack plays. It's pretty funny.

Hyrum LOVED it. Oh, he went bonkers! He and I sat there listening to the Chorus over and over again for one solid hour before bed. He spent the first 8 times through conducting the entire thing. I recorded the 4th or 5th time through, but it's ever too big a file, so you'll have to make do with this short snippet. After that, he sat sleepily excited in my lap, just enthralled, though by that time we'd moved on to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir version so he could see someone actually conducting it.



When he was all done, I realized I had found my Christmas Spirit. Let the holiday begin!

No comments: