Monday, September 20, 2010

Hyrum has a favorite poem

Shel Silverstein's "Colors" from Where the Sidewalk Ends (I hear tell another book is coming out next year by the deceased, by the by)
My skin is kind of sort of brownish
Pinkish yellowish white.
My eyes are greyish blueish green,
But I'm told they look orange in the night.
My hair is reddish blondish brown,
But it's silver when it's wet.
And all the colors I am inside
Have not been invented yet.

Today Hy was telling Joy that his eyes are green. No, they're greyish greenish blue, but if the poem says they're green, by golly they're going to be green for quite some time.

Hy's favorite part is the last line. That's very appropriate. All the colors he is inside have not been invented yet. I can't wait to see what he paints.

No comments: